Connecticut Vascular Institute (CVI)
800.770.4453 or 860.522.4158, New Britian 860.229.8889
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Connecticut Vascular Institute and the benefits that we feel it will provide you.
What is Connecticut Vascular Institute (CVI)?
Connecticut Vascular Institute is a unique integrated service, utilizing the resources of Hartford Specialists, to provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for patients with Vascular disease. Services will be rendered in partnership with Hartford Hospital and the University of Connecticut Medical Center. The Institute is primarily a patient care initiative where the knowledge and skills of our multi-disciplinary team will be available to each individual that seeks our care.
The team that comprises CVI includes:
Vascular, Endovascular & Thoracic Surgery:
Patricia K. Bozeman, A.P.R.N, C.V.N. (Vascular Surgery)
Mohiuddin Cheema, M.D. (Vascular & Endovascular Surgery)
Thomas V. Divinagracia, M.D., M.P.H (Vascular & Endovascular Surgery)
James Gallagher, M.D. (Vascular Surgery)
Robert Lowe, M.D. (Vascular & Thoracic Surgery)
Mary Windels, M.D. (Vascular & Endovascular Surgery)
Ashley Shepard, D.P.M.
Eric Silverstein, D.P.M.
Eric Lui, D.P.M.
Alan Babigian, M.D.
Charles Castiglione, M.D.
Alex Cech, M.D.
Orlando DeLucia, M.D.
Steven Smith, M.D.
CVI also has a significant commitment to research and education. CVI has participated nationally in the following clinical research trials:
Additionally, CVI has coordinated a very successful Vascular Surgery Fellowship which offers training in both Vascular and Endovascular Surgery making Hartford Hospital one of the few centers in the country to provide such extensive training.
- Talent/World Medical AAA stent graft trial.
- AneuRx/Medtronic AAA stent graft trial.
- CORDIS/Johnson & Johnson AAA stent graft trial.
- Excluder/GORE thoracic aneurysm stent graft trial.
- CVI has also been invited to participate in the CORDIS/Johnson & Johnson SAPPHIRE carotid stent angioplasty trial.
These components - excellence in integrated clinical care, access to and involvement in cutting edge research and participation in education - provide a resource for you and your patients for the diagnosis and treatment of Vascular Disease that is unmatched in our region. Connecticut Vascular Institute is currently one of the only sites in Connecticut where minimally invasive, endovascular stent graft technology is available for the treatment of Vascular Disease.
What are Connecticut Vascular Institute's Clinical Capabilities?
Vascular Surgery Clinical and Endovascular Clinical Capabilities:
Podiatric Clinical Capabilities:
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Upper Extremity Arterial and Venous Disease including thoracic outlet syndromes
- Aortic Disease (including both aneurysm & occlusive): Surgical and Endovascular Stent Grafts
- Visceral and Renal Artery Disease (PAD)
- Lower Extremity arterial insufficiency
- Venous Disease: Surgical, Laser and Cosmetic
- Venous Access
- Hyperhydrosis Surgery
- Endovascular Surgery (e.g. stent grafts for AAA)
- Diagnostic Arteriography/Venography
- Angioplasty/Stent Placement
- Carotid/Cerebral Arteriography/Angioplasty
- Venous Filters
Plastic Surgery Clinical Capabilities:
- Diabetic & Neuropathic Foot Care
- Medical Management of ulcer disease/painful foot
- Surgical management of traditional podiatric problems as well as ulcerative and Charcot foot problems to include the full spectrum of reconstruction and amputation procedures
- Extremity reconstruction - re: STSG/rotation flaps/microvascular free flaps
- Coverage for arterial graft infections
- In-house Vascular Lab and Ultrasound Services
- Serve as Medical Director for the Vascular Lab at Hartford Hospital Accessing the Connecticut Vascular Institute's services
399 Farmington Avenue
330 Western Boulevard
*Note: When taking a left off of Exit 8 you will go through 4 sets of lights. Almost immediately you will see a Western Blvd on your left but do not take that left, continue down Hebron Avenue. At the fourth light, on your right you will see a sign that reads 730 Hebron Avenue, that is where you should take a left onto Eastern Boulevard. Drive down Eastern Boulevard and take your second left, which is Western Boulevard. We are the only 2 story building in the complex.
85 Seymour Street, Suite 409
Hartford, CT 06106
40 Hart Street, Bldg C
New Britian, Ct 06052