This policy was developed because the visual and verbal images Hartford HealthCare Medical Group presents are important to our success. The intent is to present a consistent image of Hartford HealthCare Medical Group and ensure that web-based material is accurate in the representation of Hartford HealthCare Medical Group and is in compliance with legal, moral and ethical standards.
- The official Hartford HealthCare Medical Group home page is located at http://www.hartfordspecialists.org.
- Material posted to any Hartford HealthCare Medical Group server which meets all the following criteria is considered an official communication and must be reviewed for format and style by the appropriate area within the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer:
- Bears the name of Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Is intended to represent Hartford HealthCare Medical Group departments, offices and services, associations and organizations
- Can be accessed by individuals off site
- Personal home pages are not considered official communications. If this material is accessible through Hartford HealthCare Medical Group file servers, all non-official communications are the responsibility of the poster and must conform to legal and ethical standards, including laws and policies governing copyright, libel, sexual harassment and pornography.
- Official communications to be posted to any Hartford HealthCare Medical Group file server, or external ISP, will be authorized by the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer once the author has supplied all files and written documentation stating the goal, content and intended audience.
- In general, both official and unofficial information available on Hartford HealthCare Medical Group file servers, or external ISP's, are governed by the moral, ethical and legal standards of Hartford HealthCare Medical Group. In addition, information distributed on file servers must be the property of the individuals distributing it and must not contain copyrighted material that has not been cleared by the copyright holder for distribution.
- The Chief Administrative Officer may waive these requirements for specific, documented situations.
- Should you discover material which is out-of-date or in conflict with Hartford HealthCare Medical Group policies, please contact both the individual author (if known) and the Chief Administrative Officer.
Personal Information Collected
You may use most of the Hartford HealthCare Medical Group site without providing any personal information.
Sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request.
Please do not provide personal information via e-mail to anyone employed by Hartford HealthCare Medical Group unless it is through a secure channel. Remember that e-mail messages can be viewed by other Internet users while in transit. If you have individualized information to communicate, please use traditional means such as phone or mail.
You may be asked to provide personal information, such as demographic information, if you choose to complete any of the on-line forms used by the Secure Appointment Request application or to Contact Us. The information required to complete the transaction is noted on the form. Additional questions may be included to help us improve the services we offer. If you prefer not to enter your personal information on the web site, you have the option of calling us.
Only authorized Hartford HealthCare Medical Group staff who need the information you provide to perform a specific task have access to your information. All Hartford HealthCare Medical Group staff are required to attend training on Privacy and Confidentiality.
Ways The Collected Information Is Used
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group currently discloses personal information you provide on the Web only to provide the services that you request, such as requesting an appointment, contacting you, and so forth.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group may occasionally provide statistics to third parties related to the number of visitors who use the site. These statistics do not provide personally identifiable information.
"Cookies" are small computer files that a web site can transfer to your computer. Examples of information we collect include how often someone visits our site and their activities while on our site. We use this information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors as a group use different resources. These reports do not contain any personally identifiable information.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse them or to alert you when they are being sent.
You can access the information on the Hartford HealthCare Medical Group web site without having cookies enabled in your browser.
Advertisements on Hartford HealthCare Medical Group's web site
At present Hartford HealthCare Medical Group does not accept advertisements on its web site.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group's Internal Handling of Privacy
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group wants your personal information to remain as secure as possible. Accordingly, we prevent unauthorized access by a secure firewall and use of security infrastructure to protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information you provide to us. As an additional security measure, your personal information is also encrypted during transmission by Secure Socket Layer 128-bit encryption software. (Encryption is a common method used to transmit sensitive data across the Internet. Encryption temporarily makes the text unreadable during the time it is being transmitted over the Internet.) Please note, that for encryption to work, your browser must be Netscape or Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher. also encrypted.
Application of Policy